Sorry for going MIA! It has taken me far longer than I expected to transition into our fall schedule. Life got a little hairy for a while, but I'm back now, so you can stop moping about it.
Some News Updates:
- My Family is now free from the prison that is TV. It took a lot of psyching ourselves up before we finally did it, but we're happier now. The kids actually play. It's kind of bizarro.
- I'm on Pinterest like crazy. If you don't know what Pinterest is, click the widget on my left sidebar and peruse my boards. It's an amazingly easy way to organize my ideas for future projects, gather pictures of things that make me happy, and store useful information and awesome recipes. You can request an invite through Pinterest or leave a comment here and I can give you a personal invite. (I don't have a lot, so it's first come, first serve!)
- My etsy store is in the works. I'm working on building up my supply before I open it. A friend asked me why it has taken so long for me to join etsy. Well here's the deal, folks... I love making stuff and I can make pretty much anything, but the minute someone orders something, I'm not making it because I'm in the mood to make it and I'm feeling inspired- I'm making it because I have to. My brain no likey things like that. So my store will be just that- a store. There will be items on the "shelf" and when an item is purchased it is no longer available. There will be mostly one-of-a-kind items for purchase. If you are looking for something specific or you like a style but need a different size I might be happy to accommodate you or I might flat out tell you no. Please don't be insulted. It's going to ensure that you always get the best quality goods and that I'm always going to love my job.
- My YouTube channel is in the works, but it may be a bust. Between figuring out how to make a quality video without an extra set of hands, editing the videos, and recording voice-overs it's been very time-consuming. I'm still attempting it, none the less.
- A while back I gave hubs the green light to skateboard as much as he needs to- yes, it is a need, trust me. We figured out the days and times that work best. It was a LOT of time, but again- he needs it. A few weeks later he registered for school. Because I couldn't go back on the time I gave him for skating, that meant even more time away from home. (Which is totally fine since he pampered me for a year letting me sleep in every morning while he got the kids off to school.) So that means that I pretty much do everything around here and when I'm not doing everything around here, I'm working. That means I haven't been able to update here because given the choice, I'm going to be crafting instead of blogging about crafting. I am definitely getting back on track and you can expect updates at least a few times a week :)
- I'm leaving Facebook. It's a tremendous waste of my time at the moment. Part of me is sad about it, but a bigger part of me is excited to rid myself of another addiction. If you find yourself missing blurbs about the kids or the gems they come up with follow my personal twitter (@JillianPimental) If you're going to miss alerts about blog updates you have options: subscribe to my blog, "like" it on Facebook, or follow it on Twitter (@entirelysmitten) note: I only post alerts about new blog posts, I do not tweet 100 times a day!
So that's about it then...