I've been working diligently trying to finish up my studio. For some reason I've been agonizing (literally) over the entire project - layout, storage, decor, etc. I've made LOTS of progress this week and I hope to pull it all together on my weekend (M-T-W) Here are a few sneak peeks ;)
Ribbon Storage - I'm very anal retentive about my ribbon storage. I've had my ribbon stored on dowels, but when one goes empty or you add another to your collection you have to remove them all from the dowel and put them all back on... ugh. I've also done ribbon spools on a shelf with elastic holding it all in. I liked that I could swap ribbon spools in or out at any point, but sometimes the elastic would get caught and all of the spools would fall to the floor. This solution is definitely the best of both worlds!
I hung two fat screws on the wall which allowed the wire baskets to hang perfectly from them. You can either snip the ribbon right from the basket, remove one spool, or take the whole basket down for easy access to all.
I didn't want the handles of the baskets to go to waste, so I hung those as well and they were perfect for little containers of ribbon scraps. Since the scraps are so visible it will cut down on ribbon waste.
That's all I have time to post now.. more to come!